Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Sunny Spring Day

On Saturday it was a balmy 88 degrees here in sunny So Cal, so what could be better than a ride with breakfast being a key objective? I wanted to try Henry's in Oxnard for breakfast, and I had the time so I took off for a favorite coastal ride...off to Ventura, Lake Casitas, Ojai, and Santa Paula.
So I thumbed the starter on the RT and headed due west for Oxnard. Traffic was light, which was good since I was really looking forward to breakfast. Fortunately, I didn't have a long ride!

Henry's is a favorite with Oxnard's locals, and features great food with huge portions. Since The Lovely Flame, being a vegetarian, was trapped at home doing school work I fell off the wagon by ordering the special NY steak and eggs, along with my fave, extra-crispy hash browns. Believe me, the meal was a cardiologists worst nightmare! Great service, reasonable prices, and the service was ok. I'd go back again! I just hope Jennifer doesn't discover my blog! :)

After Henry's I was fueled for the remainder of the day. The ride was as good as the breakfast...I headed up the coast to CA 150 and shot thru the hills to Ojai, down to Santa Paula, and then over CA 126 to I-5 and home. Fortunately the roads were less clogged than my arteries, so the last few freeway miles were actually pleasant, with the big BMW averaging nearly 70 mph!

A great ride! The RT performed flawlessly, the weather was perfect, no one tried to kill me, and the food worthy. 'Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, seems like you got alot to share with your readers. The day has just started off well for you with a sunny one, may you enjoy it and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete